Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Am I Crazy?

Don't ask my mama or my husband that because they may agree!

When I was a kid I always wanted glasses & braces. GEEK, I know. But, I didnt get either. My brother got them both. I had perfect 20/20 vision  & perfectly straight teeth. Well those wishes that I had when I was younger came back to bite me in the you know what. The saying is true, after you have children EVERYthing changes. Vision started going doooown hill. I tried to wear contacts for awhile but the doctor just couldnt find a brand that wouldnt irritate me because I had astigmatism. (eyes are shaped like a football) So I looked into LASIK about a year ago and had it done & let me say it has been the BEST money I have ever spent. Back to my teeth, I am not going to blame having Hayden on this one because in all honest, waiting to late to get my wisom teeth pulled is what got my teeth in the shape that they are. Which, they arent too bad but I can tell a difference and you know the saying..."If mama aint happy, aint no body happy." So, I worked with my dentist the past year on getting my wisdom teeth pulled/cut out....worst pain ever. We had to break it up into two sessions because I just couldnt handle it. In the process we had talked about getting invisalign. It would starighten my teeth & you would'nt be able to see it. When I went for consultation last month, I freaked when they told me it was $5,000.00. INSANE & that's 5,000.00 I dont have to spend on clear braces. Have you ever built a house? Thats exactly why I don't. So we talked about visible braces, YUCK YUCK YUCK. But, if I wanted my teeth back to the way they use to be then that would be my only option. Sooooo......I decided on the clear metal braces for my top teeth and just the regular metal braces for my bottom just because you cant see the bottom that much anyway. The price was still a little pricey, at 3000.00 but insurance covered most of it so I would just have a small part to pay. I went this morning & it was probably the most awkard thing ever. I felt like I was drowning the whole time. Torture. I cant complain to much though, Dr Katz & his staff are AMAZING. & I know in 12 months when I get these bad boys off, I will be so impressed with my smile again :)

I know, I am officially a geek!

No comments:

Post a Comment