Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Busy, busy, bumble bees!

I know, it has been 52 years since I have blogged. The Young's have been such busy bumblebees the past couple months. For those of you who follow me on Instagram are aware that we are building a house on the family farm and my goodness I had NO idea how much that took up of your time. On top of all that, Hayden starts preschool in September (tear). He starts t-ball in 1 motn & he will be three in 2 short months. I seriously do not know where the time goes. I wish he could stay my precious baby, forever.


I swear he could be a model.....right?


If any of you are going to build a house, WARNING: the bank takes forever and five days to approve your loan. Hal and I are first time buyers & on top of that, we wanted a construction loan, something you don't see quite often. We started the application process mid December and didn't get the final approval from the underwriters until mid May. FYI: I have as much patience as my two year old. There were MANY MANY times I wanted to throw in the towel, but thankfully for my very PATIENT husband, he kept me sane. I am soooooooo thankfully he did because we are about a month and half away from being completely finished with the building process. Our contractor has us officially moving in by the end of September, just in time for Hayden's big 3rd birthday shin dig! Now, I didn't want a ginormous house because the smaller the house, the more cozy it is. I wanted something country-fied with a little bit of elegance. Now, don't get me wrong, I love all my girlie things but don't doubt for a second that I want get out in our garden in a heart beat and pick some beans, because I do, every other day. Our house total is about 1780 square foot & I really believe it is going to be absolutely perfect. All the way down to my country red door :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment