Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Catching up my weekend

Just now getting to write about my weekend....oops. I was debating whether to write about it or not because it wasn't the best of weekends. For those of you who know, my mother keeps Hayden while we work, which is a BLESSING. Thursday I got a call from Ma Dukes & you always think the worst, especially when its not normal for her to call during the day. It was my stepdad & he wasn't for sure, but thought that my mother had a mini stroke. Explaining the sypmtoms to me, I knew thats what it had to be. Mothers house is easily 35 mins from my work, I think I broke the world record & got there in 16. I know I want always have my mother around but I am just not ready to even think about those days yet.


When my grandmother (my mom's mom) was 58 she had a mini stroke, followed by a massive one which caused physical damage. That's all I could think about all day until I heard word from my stepdad. I have had many enjoyable years with my mother & could take on full responsibility of taking care of her if need be but that woman is too young, only 49 & she has alot of years to go with being healthy & playing with her grandbaby. After the hubs got home for work I went on over to the hospital & stayed with her Thursday night. WORST SLEEP EVER. I forgot how bad a hospital stay was, but its the WORST. Heaven forbid you get any sleep, & I know nurses are just doing their job but geeeeez. She got to come home Friday night, with lots of medication to get her back on track. They diagnosed that the blood pressue probably spiked the mini stroke, I think it was 191/119 when she got to the hospital. INSANE. I know she was excited to be home, in her bed.

The rest of the weekend I dont think Hayden & I came out of our PJ's. Which I am not complaining....Icy weather = a pj day.


I want to end the note on if you dont have family, you dont have anything. This weekend showed me just how much people really admire my mother. Not only our family & friends of our family but Hal's family also called, texted & facebook'd asking about mom. It makes you smile. I know if any of us needed anything all we would have to do is call & they would be right there. Any of them would drop their whole day to watch Hayden if we needed them. We are trying to give my mother time to rest this week, she did watch him Monday but the rest of the week Mema & his Daddy will be watching him. Mema usually stays in Greensboro all week helping out with our cousins children. Just so happened that she is home this week, crazy how God works things out for you. We are definately giving all the praise to him for this past week/weekend. Two things you should always keep close, God & family.


1 comment: